The Canadian Privacy Training session provides individuals with an in-depth overview of Canadian data protection laws and regulations and the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal information. Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge of the Canadian privacy landscape in both the private and public sectors and be comfortable being the “go-to” person for privacy laws, regulations, and frameworks.
Distinguish Yourself With a CIPP/C Credential
When you earn a CIPP/C, you show that you have an understanding and application of Canadian information privacy laws, principles and practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels.
A CIPP/C credential ensures you share common knowledge and understanding with your colleagues in related practice areas, including information security, marketing, IT, compliance and product development.
What You’ll Learn
- Canadian Privacy Fundamentals
- The Canadian Government and Legal System
- Enforcement Agencies and Powers
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Private Sector
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Public Sector
- 2 full-day training sessions
- One-year IAPP membership (applied as a renewal for current members)
- Exam cost included
- Sample questions for the exam
- An electronic version of the textbook