Job Type: Contract-based, Part-time
We are looking for a Privacy Specialist specializing in United States Privacy to join our team. If you’re a privacy industry professional looking to join a fast growing company, we would love to hear from you.
This position will be focused on helping private sector clients build, implement, and maintain their privacy programs. You will be working closely with our partners and clients to help them determine and implement effective strategies for their data protection programs.
What You’ll Do
- Provide initial consultations with clients alongside our strategic partners to assess an organization’s privacy needs.
- Perform and complete a wide variety of tasks to help build effective data protection programs for clients. This could include but is not limited to the following:
- Developing policies and procedures
- Completing data inventories
- Conducting privacy impact assessments
- Providing privacy training sessions to employees and stakeholders
- Play a key role in product development with other PrivacyWorks team members as we continue to expand our offerings and clientele.
Liaise with our partners
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Management or other relevant discipline plus five (5) years related experience.
- CIPP/US certification
- Other certifications considered an asset (CIPP/EU, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP, etc…)
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of GDPR and CCPA legislation and their implications for US-based companies.
- Demonstrated practical experience with helping companies implement comprehensive privacy and data protection programs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with various client stakeholders including legal, technical, executive, and administrative.
- Comfortable with various state laws and privacy legislation.
- Strong technical abilities and advanced proficiency with software such as Excel, Word, Visio (or other data mapping tools), etc..
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of electronic information systems and information management processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of information access and privacy concepts, tools, and methods.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government, and we are well known for providing comprehensive guidance surrounding the protection of personal and sensitive information.