Job Type: Contract-based, Part-time
Location: Remote (North America)
We are looking for a Privacy Consultant specializing in the intricacies of United States privacy to join our team. If you’re a privacy industry professional looking to join a fast-growing and progressive company, we would love to hear from you.
This position will be focused on helping private sector clients build, implement, and maintain their privacy programs. You will be working closely with our partners and clients to help them determine and implement effective strategies for their data protection and compliance programs.
What You’ll Do
- Provide initial consultations with clients to assess an organization’s privacy needs.
- Perform and complete a wide variety of tasks to help build effective data protection programs for clients. This could include but is not limited to the following:
- Developing policies and procedures
- Conducting assessments to build privacy program roadmaps
- Providing privacy training sessions to employees and stakeholders
- Providing ad-hoc support to clients
- Play a key role in product development with other PrivacyWorks team members as we continue to expand our offerings and clientele.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other PrivacyWorks employees to help expand team expertise.
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Management or other relevant discipline plus five (5) years related experience.
- CIPP/US certification
- Other certifications considered an asset (CIPP/EU, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP, etc…)
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of CCPA legislation and its implications for US-based and international companies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with various client stakeholders including legal, technical, executive, and administrative.
- Comfortable with various state laws and privacy legislation.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government, and we are well known for providing comprehensive guidance surrounding the protection of personal and sensitive information.
We also promote a progressive, people-first environment – we take good care of employees and believe this translates directly to better services for our clients.