Job Type: Contract-based, Full-time
We are looking for a Privacy Specialist to join our team. If you’re a privacy industry professional looking to join a fast-growing company, we would love to hear from you.
This position will be focused on helping our private and public sector clients build, implement, and maintain their privacy programs. You will be working closely with our partners and clients to help them determine and implement effective strategies for their data protection programs.
What You’ll Do
- Perform and complete a wide variety of tasks related to building, implementing, and maintaining our clients’ privacy programs. This could include but is not limited to the following activities:
- Developing policies and procedures
- Business and Data Flow Mapping
- Gap Analyses
- Breach Management & Response
- Completing Data Inventories
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments
- Providing privacy training sessions to employees and stakeholders
- Play a key role in product development with other PrivacyWorks team members as we continue to expand our offerings and clientele.
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Management or other relevant discipline plus five (5) years related experience.
- CIPP/C certification
- Other additional designations are highly desirable (CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/EU , CIPP/US, CISSP, etc…)
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian Privacy legislation on a National and Provincial level.
- Demonstrated practical experience with helping companies implement comprehensive privacy and data protection programs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with various client stakeholders including legal, technical, executive, and administrative.
- Strong technical abilities and advanced proficiency with software such as Excel, Word, Visio (or other data mapping tools), etc..
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of electronic information systems and information management processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of information access and privacy concepts, tools, and methods.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government, and we are well known for providing comprehensive guidance surrounding the protection of personal and sensitive information.