Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote (Canada)
We are looking for an experienced FOI/ATIP Manager to join the PrivacyWorks team. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing a small team of FOI/ATIP Analysts working on consulting engagements with public sector clients from across Canada. This person will be an experienced manager with over 7 years of experience coordinating all stages of the FOI/ATIP lifecycle. This will be a key position in the designed to ensure a premium service is continuously provided to our clients. If you are looking to grow your career in the FOI/ATIP field and ready to join a fast-paced and dedicated consulting firm, we would love to chat.
What You’ll Do
Process access requests for our clients in accordance with provincial and federal Access to Information legislation. As part of this job, responsibilities may include the following:
- Maintain key client relationships and contribute to new systems and processes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Provide training and mentorship to Junior/Senior Analysts and conduct regular peer review of deliverables.
- Provide regular status reports directly to CEO as well as assist business development in attracting new clients.
- Advise clients on FOI/ATIP best practices and implement new strategies to enhance our clients’ programs.
- Provide hands-on support with processing high-profile information access requests including:
- Review records and leading the line-by-line review with the appropriate manager to determine whether there is anything that cannot be disclosed as set out in the relevant Act.
- Prepare records for disclosure and identify severing opportunities and requirements.
- Prepare reports, updates, and briefings on progress of the corporate information access program and privacy program and current freedom of information issues as requested.
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced leader in FOI/ATIP with over 7 years of senior experience required.
- Diploma / Degree in Information Management, Public Administration or other directly related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of public sector Access to Information legislation, both at the provincial and federal level.
- Strong communicator with experience in people management and providing effective leadership to employees.
- Technically savvy and adept with typical FOI/ATIP and redaction software.
- Ability to maintain quality in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What You Get
- Rapid career growth with high impact role
- Remote-first workplace (no more commuting!)
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Extended Health Benefits
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- …and more.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy and information access consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government, and we are well known for providing comprehensive guidance surrounding the protection of personal and sensitive information.
We also promote a progressive, people-first environment – we take good care of employees and believe this translates directly to better services for our clients.