Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote (Canada)
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the FOI and Access Manager, the FOI/ATIP Coordinator will help in all aspects of our Information Access services to ensure our team has everything they need to do their jobs and coordinate requests throughout their entire lifecycle. This position is a fantastic starting point for those looking to build a career in the FOI/ATIP fields. You will receive hands on experience with processing requests and there will be ample opportunity to grow into more senior roles within PrivacyWorks. Some examples of responsibilities will include:
- Manage the intake of new requests with our clients and facilitate the smooth transfer of sensitive files and records.
- Record details of the requests in our CRM and manage a complex network of folder structures.
- Prepare raw records for review including converting file formats, de-duplicating pages, analyzing files for completeness, and organizing pages in chronological order.
- Managing and navigating various software applications that assist the team with processing high volumes of records.
- Generally support the PrivacyWorks team with processing FOI/ATIP requests as needed by drafting a variety of correspondence (acknowledgment letters, time extensions, fees, response letters, etc.), occasional redlining support, preparing records for disclosure, sending response packages to applicants, and preparing and transferring final processing records back to our public body clients for final retention after a request is complete.
- Support the FOI & Access Manager with drafting and refining team documentation and resources such as workflows, technical documentation, policies, training presentations, etc.
Who We’re Looking For
- Technologically nimble with an active interest in improving and refining systems and processes.
- Highly organized, meticulous, and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Long-term interest in building a career within the FOI/ATIP field. Any experience within these fields is not required but would be an asset.
- You have a keen analytical mind and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- You’re self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results, both independently and as part of a team.
- You’re a strong communicator and writer.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary, vacation and Extended Health benefits
- A flexible, remote-first workplace
- Rapid career growth in a high-impact role
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- …and more.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy and information access consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy and access challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government.