Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote (Canada)
We are looking for a permanent, full-time Freedom of Information / Access Consultant to join our growing team at PrivacyWorks. If you’re looking to take your FOI/ATIP career to the next level with a dynamic consulting team serving a diverse, multi-jurisdiction clientele, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the FOI and Access Manager, the FOI/ATIP Consultant will work directly with our clients to process FOI and ATIP requests, develop access policies, resources and programs, deliver training and support our clients to fulfil their legislated duty to give the public access to government records and information. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct detailed and thorough reviews of a diverse range of sensitive government records, and provide expert analysis and disclosure recommendations to our clients in compliance with applicable FOI / ATIP legislation.
- Assess new FOI / ATIP requests and liaise with client contacts and/or applicants as needed to clarify request descriptions, verify consent/authorization, calculate and assess fees and otherwise facilitate the timely processing of requests.
- Liaise with client executives, operational and support staff to ensure responsive records are collected, harms and other disclosure considerations are identified, final recommendations are approved and responses are issued in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Draft FOI / ATIP correspondence, policies & procedures, templates and other resources for and on behalf of our public sector clients.
- Develop and deliver customized training programs for clients that may include online/in-person presentations, workshops and/or self-directed learning.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a diploma / degree in Information Management, Public Administration or a related discipline.
- You have one to three years of experience working with Freedom of Information / Access to Information legislation, preferably including direct experience processing FOI / ATIP requests.
- You have a keen analytical mind and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- You’re self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results, both independently and as part of a team.
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage caseloads with multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- You are highly organized and diligent with managing operational and transitory records according to sound records management principles.
- You’re curious, always up for a good challenge and open to thinking outside the box to find creative solutions.
- You’re quick to learn new technology and have plenty of experience working with common public sector software such as Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Pro, CRM/case management apps, etc.
- You’re a strong communicator and writer.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary, vacation and Extended Health benefits
- A flexible, remote-first workplace
- Rapid career growth in a high-impact role
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- …and more.
PrivacyWorks is a full-service privacy and information access consulting firm that works with organizations of all sizes across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing solutions to privacy and access challenges within a variety of industries and sectors such as Technology, Healthcare, and Government.